Thursday, June 2, 2011

Welcome!

Writing a blog is the last thing I ever thought I'd do. But with a suggestion from Kim Williams at Nuun to my daughter Caitlin Bonney, it's happening!! So, thank-you to Kim for the suggestion and big hugs to Caitlin for starting it up so fast!
I've been a runner since I was 13 years old, and as Caitlin pointed out I'm now 54! So that's a lot of miles on this body.. of course you'd never know it.. or maybe you would, because I look about the same as I did at 13, but with a few laugh lines on my face!
I started running at age 13, all because my little sis won her first race and got her picture in the local paper.. competitive genes.. yes!!
I feel I've come full-circle with my running. I started out as a competitive run .. oh wait.. I'm still competitive (just not as fast!).. I've always loved to run mainly because I didn't have the coordination for other sports. But what I get most joy out of now is inspiring others to run and to find the joy in just running.
Stay tuned for more stories of my 4 decades of running!
Happy miles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment