Friday, June 24, 2011

Rock n' Roll

The Rock n' Roll series takes over Seattle this weekend. Caitlin and the Nuun team sold a truck load of Nuun at the Expo yesterday. I ran by the Expo on my lunchtime run and the place was swamped. I said "hello" to Sally at Oiselle, and to Caitlin of course! Running expos are a great place to meet lots of new and old friends (yeah, most of my friends are old). It's also a great place to see what's new in running.. shoes, clothes, food, drinks, healthcare.

But as my friend Peter (yep, he's old) says.. All Rock n' Roll is music, but not all music is Rock n' Roll.  And yes, all marathons are 26.2 miles... don't you love it when you tell someone you ran a marathon and they say 26.2 miles? Yep.  My friend Janet has run a marathon in every state. When she tells people that (not very often - she's shy), they say, "what even Alaska?" Yes, Alaska has been a state for a while!

Meeting Janet was a turning point in my life. I had just run my first marathon in 6 years; Janet had just run her 100th marathon in the 50th state (yes, there are 50 states!). While Janet is not very fast (yet) she is an inspiration to be around. I am now on my quest to run a marathon in every state. Sixteen done and 34 to go, if my math is right! Janet will complete the states for a 2nd time as I do my first round (only round). Can't think of a more fun person to go with to so many marathons.

This is the third Seattle Rock n' Roll marathon and half marathon..  remember to run your own race and if you don't like the band, keep running, there's another one up the road! Good luck to you all out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment